Creating a global policy class
The global policy class contains common and reusable KYC Type rules and assets for the specialized KYC application.
This class can directly inherit from the root data class you created previously in "Creating the root data class" in Configuring KYC Types and Items, or it can be configured to point to one of the preconfigured subclasses to reuse available rules. For example, it can be configured to inherit from PegaKYC-Data-Type-Policies-Global. This configuration inherits from PegaKYC-Data-Type- because all of the preconfigured due diligence rules and classes are configured to inherit from the PegaKYC-Data-Type- class.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Follow the agreed upon class naming convention for the implementation.
- In the Label field, enter a short description of the class.
- In the Class Name field, enter a class name that will extend from the PegaKYC-Data-Type- class.
- In the Context section, select a context.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the specialized application’s associated ruleset.
- Click Create and open.
- Select the Created in Version ruleset version for the class.
- In the Class Inheritance field, enter PegaKYC-Data-Type-Policies-Global.
- On the History tab, enter the required text for the Usage and Description fields to describe the class.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Configuring the root class Next topic Viewing a sample class structure