Displaying a help site on a mobile device, such as smart phone, uses circumstancing to support an optimal mobile user experience.
The circumstance condition for mobile devices uses the following properties when evaluating the conditions to determine which UI to render to the end user:
These properties are evaluated when a browser request from a help site is detected (KMTemplateType circumstance template). Note that for mobile devices, the same UI is rendered regardless of which help site layout has been selected.
If you extend the help sites (for example, add a new section or a page), it is recommended that you modify the KMHelpPortalSkin and add break points in order to make the UI responsive.
If the desired UI cannot be achieved just by adding breakpoints to the skin, then you may need to edit the custom CSS in the following files:
- This CSS file contains changes only for the navigation menu for a hand-held device and also media query to modify the UI of categories tiles.
- This contains all other CSS for help sites and community sites specific to mobile.
- KMHelpStylesMobile has four classes that control the client-side visibility of elements on which they are applied:
- Elements are visible when screen size is <=768px. Used for all hand-held devices.
- Elements are visible until the screen size is >=480px. Used for hiding an element on mobile devices.
- Elements are visible only on desktop (screen size >768px).
- Elements are shown on the mobile device.