Customizing the Pega Knowledge user experience to meet the UX standards at your site includes the following procedures.
Determining the application skin and styles to modify
You can customize the skin of the application so that it complies with the branding and styling standards at your site.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Skins tab, double-click the
KMHelpPortalSkin and KMEndUser71
in the PegaAppCA ruleset.
The Component styles tab opens.
- Determine which components require customization and update.For more information on customizing the application skin and styles, see Component style formats.
Designing for screen performance
Determine screen performance requirements for your applications. The following list describes examples of performance requirements.
- The round-trip time from the server to the client must be 1 second or less.
- The screen-to-screen time must be less than .5/second.
To design for these types of requirements, consider the following items.
- Which business service level agreements exist. For example, the customer details must be available in one second or less while a representative is on the phone with the customer.
- How long it takes backend systems to gather the data it needs to display customer details.
- Which fields does the representative absolutely need for the task that they need to perform.
- Whether any network configuration could cause latency, for example, representatives logged in through the corporate VPN or in a remote location.
Optional: Determining which part of the user interface to modify
For more information to modify user interface, see Modifying the user experience.