- Log in to Pega Knowledge portal.
- Click Knowledge > Help sites.
- Select the help site link you want to publish and click Publish.
- Insert the HTML code where you want the help site to be called or redirected, such as a button, link, or image. To pass a specific articleID to display upon reaching the help site, insert the related "KC-" article number in the HTML code as the articleID parameter. This is passed with the calling URL and allows the help site to display this specific article once the user reaches the redirected help site.
Configuring access to the help site
To configure and provide help site access for external users, follow these steps:
- In the Explorer panel, click App.
- Open PegaFW-KM-Admin-ApplicationSetting class.
- Click Data Model > Data Transform > pyDefault.
- Update the .KMPrefHelpSiteName source column with Organization-helpsite, for example, Uplusbank.
- Click Save to save and update the data transform sources.
Launching the help site
The following information describes the process to launch the deployed help site:
- To launch the help site, identify the details such as host name, IP address, and port details. To launch a particular help site, add the host name, IP address, and port details along with the given help site name to this URL pattern: https://< hostname>:<port> /prweb/PRServletCustom/help/< helpsitename >.
- Another way of launching a help site is by accessing the activity KMDisplayHelpPortal. The KMDisplayHelpPortal activity considers parameters like help site name, status, community site name. This activity can also be used to open a particular article in a given help site or a post in a given community.