Optional: Defining the security model and organization structure
Define the authorization and authentication strategies for your application.
- Proves to the application that you are who you say you are.
- Determines the functions that you can perform in the application. This corresponds to an access group and role configuration.
Security planning involves defining authorization and authentication strategies for your application. It is a best practice to create new access groups and roles that are based on the default access groups and roles that come with the product.
Security planning also involves setting up the organization structure and operator attributes. The application provides security in the form of access settings and denial rules. Many integration rules also incorporate authentication.
For more information about the additional aspects of security, enroll in the Lead System Architect course on Pega Academy.
The Pega Platform offers the following authentication types:
- Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login form. This is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login rule, which your application can override.
- Similar to PRBasic, but passes credentials by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML @baseclass.Web-Login-SecuredBasic rule, which your application can override.
- Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- Specifies that the application server in which the Pega Platform is deployed uses JAAS to authenticate users.
Defining your authentication scheme
Your site can use a centralized, automated means of maintaining operator data instead of maintaining it manually in your application.
- Discuss the authentication schemes with your site's security and application server teams.
- Determine the appropriate authentication type.
For more information on authentication scheme planning, see Authentication.
Previous topic Enabling web crawlers to index Pega Knowledge help sites Next topic Configuring troubleshooters for Pega Customer Service