Pega Knowledge troubleshooters provide dynamic diagnostic capabilities to help diagnose common product or service issues. Authors can create multiple troubleshooters and related questions and actions that are designed to guide your customer or customer service representative through a series of diagnostic steps.
To launch service requests from the Troubleshooters in the Pega Knowledge help sites or a web self-service application, you need to configure Pega Mashup in your Pega Customer Service application. With this configuration, you can launch required service requests (case types) and store the metadata that is required to invoke the selected service request from the configured list.
Configuring the Pega Knowledge troubleshooters provides end users with the following capabilities:
- Access to troubleshooters from help sites and web self-service portals
- Ability to launch a service request from a respective troubleshooter through suggested actions
- Ability to launch troubleshooters from the Pega Customer Service Interaction portal, including the ability to launch a service case directly from the troubleshooter
Before configuring Pega Knowledge troubleshooters, ensure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Use different vanity URLs to access the Pega Knowledge and Pega Customer Service applications.
- In the Pega Customer Service application, create an operator within an
access group that includes the following access roles:
To configure your Pega Customer Service application with Pega Knowledge troubleshooters, complete the following task:
Configuring the REST connector
Configure the REST connector to define and manage an interface between the Pega Knowledge and Pega Customer Service applications (acting as a Target application). The REST connector establishes a connection between Pega Knowledge and the Pega Customer Service application to generate the required data. These records include classes, properties, mapping rules, data transforms, a connector, a data page, and, optionally, an authentication profile.
- Log in to the Pega Customer Service application by using the operator that you created.
- In the header of the Dev studio, click Resources, then click Pega API.
- Navigate to the section, and then click the /case types link. For the first login attempt, you need to enter the operator credentials that you used to log in to the Pega Customer Service application.
- Click Try it out. Copy the URL that generates in the REQUEST URL field to the Pega Knowledge application where the Pega Knowledge Help site is specified.
- Log in to the Pega Knowledge application where the Help site is specified.
- Search for and open the CSSelfServiceAuthProfile rule.
- Enter the operator credentials that you created in step 1.
- Click Submit.
- Search for and open the D_KMApplicationSetting class with the pyDefault data transform.
- In CaseTypesServiceEndpoint, set the Request URL of the Pega API that you copied in step 4.