As an administrator, you can configure the external diagnostic APIs (services) that you specify in troubleshooter questions. To configure external APIs, you first create a troubleshooter service in the Pega Knowledge portal. External APIs help minimize the need to customize troubleshooters, which can help authors select the most appropriate API to run from a troubleshooter question.
- Log in to the Pega Knowledge portal
- In the left navigation pane, expand , and then click Add a service.
- In the Add service config dialog box, enter the service
identifier details in the Service identifier text box. The Service identifier provides the ability to call external APIs for several services.
Note: You cannot edit the service identifier after you create it.
- Enter the name of the service identifier in the Service name text box.
- Optionally, enter a description for the troubleshooter service.
- Click Submit.
Configuring troubleshooter services
To configure your troubleshooter services,
you add a service identifier to the KMRunQueryService activity,
which is the activity that calls the external API service. You then add a check for
the service identifier using a when condition, and add logic to execute the API
service. For each service identifier that you add, you override the
KMRunQueryService activity and save the activity in your
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and click the KMRunQueryService activity.
- Add a service identifier using a when condition in the
Note: You should update the When condition with logic based on the external API that you configure.
- Click Save as to save the activity in your application ruleset.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and click the D_KMApplicationSettings activity.
- In the Data source section, open the pyDefault data transform.
- In the pyDefault transform, search for .KMTSParagraphRulesetName, and then add the ruleset that you create for the troubleshooter services.