Consider your reporting requirements early in the planning process. Before introducing a new report, answer the following questions:
- Does the report already exist? For information about the reports included with the out-of-the-box application, see Pega Customer Service reports.
- Who needs the report?
- When do they need the report?
- What is the content of the report?
- Why do they need the report?
- Where will it be run? Will it be run in the Pega Knowledge application, or using another reporting tool and source?
Determining reporting architecture
Determine which reports you are going to generate from the application, and which you are going to generate using a different reporting tool.
- Review the description of each application-provided report, identify the expected volume of data, and determine how often you expect to run each report.
- Identify other reporting tools at your site.
Reviewing existing reports
The application includes numerous reports. Identify the application-provided reports that meet your business needs. For information about existing reports, see Pega Customer Service reports.
- Log in by using an administrator account. Dev Studio opens.
- Click .
- Review each of the reports in the Public categories > Knowledge Management section.
- Determine who needs the report, what it contains, and when and why it is needed.
Identifying key metrics
Identify key metrics early in the planning process so that you can structure your application to generate the required metrics.
- Review the list of existing reports with supervisors and managers, sales managers and sales representatives.
- Identify any metrics that are already provided by the application.
- Identify metrics that are not already provided by the application.
- Determine who needs each report, what it contains, and when and why it is needed.