Pega Knowledge supports the creation of knowledge help sites that allow you to quickly configure, brand, and deploy Pega Knowledge self-service portals for your customers or other end users.
- Log in by using an administrator account. Dev Studio opens.
- In the header of Dev studio, click
- In the Public Link URL text field enter the application URL with the IP address and port details.
After configuring the system URL, change the Requestor type to allow anonymous login. There are two options in order to change the Requestor type:
Option 1: Using the installed system defaults and resulting Pega Knowledge
Using the default URL pattern (URL that consists of / PRServletCustom as the URL Pattern).
- Change the existing Requestor Type (both PRPC and Pega) to ExternalKMAG.
- Optional: Adding a new Requestor Type.
Note: In case of multiple Pega System rules in the same server, then create a new Requestor type.
- Requestor types are the entry sockets to a particular request. If you choose new requestor type, it is mandatory to add four requestor types: APP, BROWSER, BATCH and PORTAL requestor types.
- Requestor types take Access Group as input and ExternalKMAG is an out of the box access group which is provided for the help site configuration.
- If new Requestors are added, then create and configure new system rule in the
PRConfig.xmlfile. The configuration syntax of which would be <env name="identification/systemname" value="yoursystemname" /> .
Option 2: Changing the Pega Knowledge Help site URL to utilize your company's domain name
Pega Knowledge provides a secure method for redirecting users
to your Help sites and provides the ability to support the use of your company's
domain name and secure user redirects by using this URL:
In addition to the configurations made in Option 1, you will need to configure a new servlet in the web.xml file to change PRServletCustom in the URL and add the AuthService configuration in the new servlet config.