To prepare the implementation environment and to create your application, complete the following tasks:
Loading Pega Knowledge sample data
Pega Knowledge includes a sample data file that consists of content, categories, and community posts, which helps to expedite implementation testing. The sample content can be deleted or edited based on your Pega Knowledge solution.
For more information, see Optional: Importing the sample data and operators.
Creating the application
- Log in by entering the administrator user name with the password that you specified for the Pega Knowledge application that you are implementing.
- Click Application menu > New Application.
- In the New Application wizard, click Pega Knowledge.
- Click Build with Pega Knowledge.
- Note the following when completing the configuration options:
- There are no data types displayed on the Data types page. Pega Knowledge does not provide data types to extend in the implementation layer. They are only used for demonstration purposes.
- On the Name your application page, enter a name for your application.
- Click Create application.
- Log in to your new application after you enable the appropriate operator IDs.
Configuring access groups
A new application includes Pega-provided access groups and access roles that you can view in Dev Studio by clicking Dev Studio > Org & Security > Groups & Roles.
It is a best practice to create new access groups and roles that are based on the default access groups and roles that come with the product. This insulates your application from changes if the roles and groups change permissions in a future release.
- Click Dev Studio > Org & Security > Groups & Roles >Access Groups.
- Select the access group that you want to use, for example Pega:Manager.
- Select the access role that you want to use, for example KMApprover.
- Click Save as to save the role to your application. It is recommended that you name the role with a different name. Update the roles to use the ones that you created for your application.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Definition tab, map the Name and Version field details with your application and click Save.
Integrating the Pega Knowledge rulesets
To integrate the Pega Knowledge application with your existing Pega application, you must add specific Pega Knowledge rulesets in your application. After integrating the Pega Knowledge rulesets with your application, you can use the Pega Knowledge features in your application.
- Click .
- To add the Pega Knowledge rulesets, in the
Application rulesets section, click Add
ruleset, and then add the following rulesets in the defined
- Click Save.