Publishing content provides an opportunity to publish approved content and make it available to end users.
This section contains the following topics:
- Approving draft content
- Publishing approved content
Approving draft content
The approval stage provides an opportunity to review and edit the content and the ability to reject content and add notes on describing required for improvements. The approver can route the content back to the original author or to a shared workbasket used for draft content named Knowledge Content – Drafts.This action also moves the content back into the Creation or Draft stage with a Pending-DraftRejected status. After the author corrects the content issues, clicking Submit returns the content to the Approval stage with a Pending-Approval status. Once the content is in an acceptable format, the approver clicks Approve and advances the content to the Publication stage with a status of Pending-Publish.
- In the Pega Knowledge portal, click .
- From the Select a workbasket list, select Knowledge Content – Approvals. The content statuses with pending approval are shown.
- Select the desired content to view in edit mode. You can validate the content and edit if necessary.
- Click Approve to save the content and the content status shows as Pending-Publish.
Publishing approved content
After you approve the content in the Approval stage, it is ready for final review prior to publishing for end users. Publishers also have the ability to continue editing content or rejecting content, or to route it back to the original author or the Knowledge Content-Drafts workbasket in the Creation / Draft stage.When the content is ready for publication, the publisher clicks Publish, which changes the content status to Resolved-Published. The content remains in the Publication stage until it is archived by an approver or publisher. The content will be indexed by the Pega search engine and will be available to end users generally within few minutes. Content configured with a Publish on date will be automatically published upon reaching that date and time.
- In the Pega Knowledge portal, click Workbaskets.
- From the Pick a workbasket list, select Knowledge Content – Publish. All articles with a content status of Pending-publish are shown.
- Select the content you want to edit. You can validate the content and edit if necessary.
- Click Publish. The content is saved with Resolved-Published status and made available to end-users.