When the existing categories are not suitable for new content, add a new category. You can view sample categories in the taxonomy, for example, Auto loans, Customer Service, Investment Options, and Retail Banking.
- In the left navigation pane of Pega Knowledge portal, click Taxonomy.
- At the bottom of the Taxonomy page, select or clear the Enable expert approval checkbox to indicate whether or not you want expert approval for articles associated with this category.
- Click Add new category at the top of the page.
- In the Category name field, enter the name of the new category.
- Optional: To create the new category under the respective parent or top level category,
click Change and then select a parent category. If you do not select a parent category, then the new category is created as a parent category.
- Optional: To add security content visibility setting to a category, select the
appropriate Authorized role from the list, and then click
Add. You can apply multiple roles to a category. Pega Knowledge authors might not have visibility to all access roles and could require a separate operator login. For more information, see Defining security.
- Optional: If you enabled expert approval in Step 2, add a knowledge expert to approve
articles that are associated with this category by configuring the following
options. Otherwise, continue to Step 8.
- To add an external approver, select the Is approver
external check box, and then add the external email address
in the External approver email field.
Note: If you choose an external approver as the knowledge expert, you must configure the service level agreement (SLA). The service level agreement defines intervals of time, such as a goal and deadline. By using service-level agreements, you can standardize the way that external approvers can either approve or reject the articles. Note: An email notification is sent to an external approver email address with the article link for review. This article link can be accessed for one time only.
- To add an internal approver, from the Category knowledge expert list, select the approver.
- To assign the selected knowledge expert as an approver for all associated child categories, select the Apply knowledge expert to all associated child categories check box.
- To add an external approver, select the Is approver external check box, and then add the external email address in the External approver email field.
- To select an image to use for this category, click Choose
file, and then click Upload.Sample category icons are provided in the Pega Distribution media in the Resource Kit directory (SampleCategoryIcons.zip). Your system administrator can unzip this file onto a shared drive or a location where you can access and upload the desired category icon.
- To save the new category, click Submit.After you delete the category, any related content is automatically assigned to the Uncategorized category. You should check the uncategorized categories in the Taxonomy page periodically to review content and assign it to the proper category.
Editing a category
You can edit the details of a particular category to change the category type, category name, authorized roles, and the category image.
- On the Category page, click the Edit selected category icon.
- To change the parent category, click Change and select the category type.
- Optional: Edit the Category name.
- Optional: Add and delete the Authorized roles for the category.
- Optional: Choose an image file to upload as the icon for the category.
- Click Update.
Deleting a category
You can delete unwanted categories from the taxonomy.
- On the Category page, click the Delete icon for the category to delete.
- Click Delete.After you delete the category, any related content is automatically assigned to the Uncategorized category. Pega Knowledge authors should check the uncategorized category in the Taxonomy page periodically to review content and assign it to the proper category.