- From the Knowledge portal, click Knowledge > Content.
- On the Content landing page, click New content. A New-Draft version is created to enter the details, as in the following example:
- In the Publish settings section on the right pane, verify that
the default content type is correct. If not, click the Content type
dropdown box and select a content type.For all content types, the content attributes are pre-populated with default values to save you time and ensure consistency when using the selected content type. You can change these default values at any time until you save or submit the content for approval. For a detailed description of these attributes, see Configuring content attributes.
- In the Title field, enter a clear and concise title for your
content. When you enter the article title and move to the next field, the application automatically searches for and displays the titles of any articles with the same or similar title. You can click Resolve as duplicate to close the new article you were about to create, or click to Continue to modify the title if necessary and continue creating the article.
- In the Abstract field, enter a brief description for your content.
- In the Categories section, click Add category to select the taxonomy category to which the content belongs. You can select multiple categories for the same content.
- Add the text for your content in the Content section. This
section contains the formatting associated with the content type. For more information on
including reusable text snippets in your content, see Using snippets. For more information
on using pre-formatted text, see Content templates. For the URL content type, enter the URL of the content in the Content Source URL text field, as in the following example:
Note: Ensure that you test the URL by clicking Save Draft, and then clicking Preview to view the content as an end user would see it in your application. Verify that the URL redirects and that popups or other types of authentication do not block access to the content.
- Optional: You can add tags, attachments, links to internal or external web sites, and
references to other Pega Knowledge articles to your content. These references are useful
for providing information related to your content. After adding a reference on any of
these tabs, the item that is referenced displays when you select the tab, as in the
- To add tags to the article, click the Tags tab and begin entering a tag name. The text box shows a list of tags to choose from. Select a tag and then click Add. You can select more than one tag. You can also enable auto-tagging. For more information, see Enabling auto-tagging.
- To add attachments to the article, click the Attachments tab, and then click Add. On the Attach file(s) dialog box, click Select file(s) to browse for a file, or drag-and-drop a file in the designated area. Click Attach.
- To add a link, click the Link tab, and then click Add. In the Attach a link dialog box, enter a name for the link, and then enter the URL. Click Submit.
- To add a reference to a related article, click the Content tab, and then click Add. In the Add article references page, select the articles that you want to reference, and then click Submit.
- If the content is ready for submission, click Submit to move the content to the Approval stage and change the status to Pending-Approval. If the content is not ready for submission, click Save Draft to save the draft content and continue working on it later.
Pega Knowledge User Guide