Pega Communities provides an ability for your customers, partners, and employees to explore and discuss solutions to common questions and issues. Community members can leverage the expertise of their peers and your business experts to openly collaborate and find answers in a safe, moderated forum.
Using Pega Customer Service, customer service representatives can view a summary of the most recent community posts by a customer, view all of the customer's posts, and open a full discussion thread to see an entire conversation for full context. Customer service representatives can reply to a post which is automatically marked as Best Answer or can mark an existing reply as Best Answer if a participating member has already provided the correct answer.
This section contains the following topics:
- Creating and managing a community site
- Navigating a community site
- Starting a new discussion
- Best answers capability
- Searching in the Community
Creating and managing a Community site
You can create, configure, and publish a community site from the Community page in the Knowledge portal. Pega Knowledge supports the creation and deployment of a single community site. A sample site is provided for reference only.
- Published tab
Displays the published community site, and the sample (site provided with the installation), displaying the community title, author name, last updated date, and status. When you select a community site, you are directed to the community configuration page. You can update the configuration setting and styles and click Publish to publish the changes.
Click Save Draft to save your changes in draft. This helps you to review the site and publish later.
- Draft tab
Displays the draft community sites details, and status. When you select a community site, you are directed to the community configuration page. After updating the configuration settings, click Publish to publish the community site or click Save Draft to save the community site as a draft.
Starting a new discussion
Members can start a new discussion when they are looking for an answer or information that is not already available in the forum.
- On the community site, click Start a discussion.
- Enter the topic title.
- From the Category list, select a category that you believe best classifies your question or topic.
- Enter the description of the question or topic. You can apply styles, upload images, and provides hyperlinks to external websites.
- Enter a tag name or select from the available tags to help other members more effectively search for your question or topic. You can specify multiple tags to a topic.
- To save your changes and make your discussion public, click Post.
Best answers capability
Pega Communities allows a member to mark a reply as the Best Answer for their question or post. Only the owning member of the post or a moderator can mark a reply as Best Answer. Replies marked as best answer by a moderator are flagged as Moderator Best Answer, to differentiate them from a member's best answer flag.
The Mark as Best Answer option is enabled if you have started a discussion on the community site. You can select the Best Answer based on the discussions and replies. When a reply is marked as Best Answer, a copy of the post is placed below the original question, allowing other members to quickly see the Best Answer in the discussion thread.
When a community post or reply is marked as Best Answer, note the following:
- The application automatically creates a draft knowledge article with the post's original question and the best answer, and routes it to the Knowledge Management > Workbaskets > Knowledge Content - Content Candidates.
- An author can open the content candidate and determine if it qualifies as a published article, and click Approve to save the draft content. Once approved, the content moves through the standard Pega Knowledge content approval process prior to publication.
- Optional: Click Actions > Reject Content Candidate to delete the draft content.
Community members who are following a discussion receives a notified by email that a Best Answer has been provided. The member can click on the provided link to view the discussion and the Best Answer.
Searching in the Community
Community members can search for answers when they are in the discussion view by entering search terms in the search bar located in the banner image area or the tab area. Pega Communities use a combined search result display which shows both relevant community posts and knowledge articles. This allows the member to find answers quicker, regardless of whether they are in the form of a post or a knowledge article.
Depending on which site the user is in (for example, Community or Knowledge help site), clicking on an article or post search result navigates the user to the native site to read the full article or discussion.