Pega Knowledge snippets enables authors to reuse specific pieces of text in multiple articles, for example, a reoccurring paragraph that describes terms and conditions or other common terms and phrases. Authors can create, publish, and archive snippets. Other authors can then add the published snippets to the body of an article, and when the original snippet is changed or updated, the changes are automatically updated in all of the content that use that snippet.
Optionally, when creating snippets, you can also set the visibility of a snippet based on one or more access roles. Only users with the selected access roles can see the snippet text. Access role-based snippets allow you to create a single article with multiple paragraphs, sections or lines of text that support many different groups by region or line of business, without the need to create multiple articles.
This section contains the following topics:
- Creating a text snippet
- Adding snippets to articles
Creating a text snippet
You can create text snippets so that you can reuse specific pieces of text, such as a paragraph of terms and conditions, or other reoccurring sentences and phrases in multiple articles.
- In the left navigation pane, click > Snippets.
- On the Snippets page, click New Snippet.
- On the New snippet page, enter a unique name that describes the purpose of the snippet in Title text box, and then enter the text that you want to reuse in the content body.
- Optional: To add one or more access roles to the snippet, select each access
role from the Authorized role list, and then click
Add. Only users with the selected access roles can
view the snippet text in an article.
Note: For visibility into Pega Customer Service access roles, the author must have CSKMSecurityAdmin in their access group. For more information on CSKMSecurityAdmin, see Defining Security.
- To save the snippet as a draft, click Save draft.To view draft snippets, from the left navigation pane, click> Snippets, and then click the Draft tab.
- Click Publish to publish the snippet and make it
available for use in other articles. To view published snippets, from the left navigation pane, click> Snippets, and then click the Published tab. You can now add the snippet to multiple articles.
Adding snippets to articles
You can add published snippets to content body based on your needs. To insert a text snippet in content body, follow these steps:
- In a rich text editor, click inside the content body in the place in which you want to insert the text snippet, and then click the Add a snippet icon to view a list of available snippets.
- In the Add Snippet window, select the snippet that you want to add to the content body.
- To remove an existing snippet from content body, select the snippet and click Remove a snippet
- To save the changes, click Save draft.