You can deploy Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor by using various methods, depending on the implementation scenario at your organization.
The following figure shows the different ways of deploying Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor, from the most advanced solution that Pega has to offer on the left to the simplest on the right:
Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor as part of Pega Customer Service
Pega Customer Service provides a rich set of features designed to enhance the customer experience, improve user productivity, and increase customer satisfaction. If you want to implement Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor with Pega Customer Service and its capabilities, for example, interaction management, you must:
- Obtain a Pega Customer Service license.
For more information about Pega Customer Service, see the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Implement Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor with Pega Customer Service.
For more information on this implementation scenario, see Building the features of the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor application.
The following figure shows how Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor looks when implemented as part of Pega Customer Service:
However, if you want to implement Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor without Pega Customer Service, choose from the following implementation scenarios:
Stand-alone Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor without Pega Customer Service capabilities
Implement Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor as a stand-alone application, without Pega Customer Service license and capabilities, by creating your own portal and harness and arranging the widgets according to your preference.
For more information about Pega portals and harness, see Harnesses.
In this implementation scenario, you gain the use of the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor Widget, together with the Sales Offer and Bundle Negotiator cases from Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor, as shown in the following figure:
Implement your custom portal if you do not want next best actions in your locally installed contact center application, and if you want a simple user experience around Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor, for example, with no customer profiles or a very simple one for demonstration purposes. This option has the following requirements:
- A UX design process and a System Architect to implement UX changes and integration.
- Access to the Pega Customer Service database. More specifically, to the simple Pega Customer Service database table, to source profile information.
Your contact center application with embedded Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor
Integrate Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor with your existing customer service application by using Pega Web Mashup and applying your own UX, as shown in the following figure:
Integrate your existing contact center application and Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor. Integrating Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into your existing customer service application has the following requirements:
- Free space in the dashboard of your contact center application of at least 1300 x 850 pixels, to accommodate Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor.
- A System Architect to implement the mashup script, with support from your customer service IT department. See "Sample code to generate the mashup script" in Tutorial: Using Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor in your desktop application.
For more information, see Pega Web Mashup and Tutorial: Using Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor in your desktop application.