Learn about next-best-action Bundle Negotiator so that you can install the product or plan the upgrade that best fits your requirements.
Pega supports the following versions of Bundle Negotiator:
- Free-standing Bundle Negotiator (deprecated in Pega 7.4).
- Bundle Negotiator 1.0 (implemented in Pega Customer Service 7.4 in the LocalOfferNegotiator class;
deprecated in Pega 8.3).
- Bundle Negotiator 2.0 (implemented in Pega Customer Service 8.2 in the Acquisition journey; moved to the
Negotiator class in Pega 8.3)
Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor includes Bundle Negotiator versions 1.0 and 2.0. Negotiator versions earlier than 2.0 are used for backward compatibility.
Bundle Negotiator 2.0 resides in the PegaComm-FW-CPMCFW-Work-Negotiation class, which is a child class of both the PegaComm-FW-CPMCFW-Work-Negotiation-Retention and the PegaComm-FW-CPMCFW-Work-Negotiation-Acquisition class.
Upgrading Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor to 8.3 requires choosing one of the following upgrade paths:
- For Acquisition, see Upgrading the application with Acquisition.
- For Retention, see Upgrading the application with Retention.
Before you begin
See "Completing the prerequisite tasks" in the Pega Marketing for Communications Upgrade Guide on the Pega Marketing for Communications product page.
Before upgrading the Bundle Negotiator 2.0, contact Pega Support to plan the specifics of your upgrade.
- Import the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into your environment. See "Importing the application bundle" in the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor Upgrade Guide on the Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor product page.
- Import the Pega Marketing for Communications into your environment. See "Importing the application bundle" in the Pega Marketing for Communications Upgrade Guide on the Pega Marketing for Communications product page.
- For Pega Customer Service™ for Communications, point the Customer Acquisition Negotiation class to the new Pega Marketing for Communications Negotiation Acquisition Class, then fix any resulting issues.
If you changed the extension points (such as RTC names), refactor them.
For Pega Marketing for Communications, the Strategy Rules migrate automatically.
- Document the customization that was made to your capabilities.
- Refactor your changes into the Bundle Negotiator 2.0.
Previous topic Testing your Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor strategy framework