Tutorial: Using Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor in your desktop application
Learn how you can embed Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into a desktop application by using a mashup script, and how to customize the script to meet your specific needs. You can then use Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor to either acquire new customers, retain existing customers, or make offers directly from your own application.
U+ Comm, a large customer service company, uses Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor without the Pega Customer Service™ application, but would like a tool for negotiating bundles. U+ Comm can implement the Next-Best-Action Advisor Bundle Negotiator either as a standalone application, or more typically, as integrated into their existing customer service application.
A mashup script allows a business to make the best use of all of the capabilities of Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor with minimal effort by embedding Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into your own customer service application, for example a call center, and by integrating the two applications seamlessly within a web browser. This type of integrated implementation gives the customer service representative (CSR) a seamless user experience, while using all Pega Platform™ capabilities and Pega Customer Decision Hub™ best practices built into Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor.
For more information on Pega Platform capabilities, see Capabilities.
The following figure shows an example of Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor embedded into a customer service application:
Use this tutorial to learn how to implement the mashup script in your own application, and how to customize the attribute parameters in the dynamically generated code to suit your business requirements. You can, for example, identify a customer by their ID.
Embedding and using the embedded Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor
As a System Architect (SA), use the following process and figure to learn how you can embed Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into your desktop application. As a CSR, learn how to use Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor that is embedded in another desktop application or a website to fulfill the customer journey.
- The CSR takes a call.
- The CSR or Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor identifies the customer.
When Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor is part of Pega Customer Service™, customers are identified prior to invoking Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor. As part of a desktop application, customers are identified in one of the following ways:
- Manually, by the CSR looking at customer name and Customer ID.
- Automatically, after the the Customer ID invokes the embedded Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor.
- The CSR views the detailed customer information (Customer 360).
See 360-degree customer view.
- The SA enables invoking next best action to assess customer needs.
See Invoking next best action.
- If the next-best-action recommendation is to make the customer an offer, the CSR fulfills the Make Offer journey.
See Sample code to generate the mashup script.
- If the next-best-action recommendation is to upgrade or retain the customer, the CSR fulfills the Upgrade/Retain journey.
See Sample code to generate the mashup script.
- The CSR configures the offer.
See Skipping bundle configuration.
- The CSR confirms the offer.
- Post Offer processing, for example, pay, schedule, and change order.
Sample code to generate the mashup script
As a System Architect, enable the negotiation capability by launching one of the supported next best actions directly from a desktop application by using the embedded Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor.
- In the sample mashup code, use the following URL for reference: http://10.225.93.39:9080/prweb/app/CSCSampleApplication_4829/!STANDARD?pyActivity=%40baseclass.doUIAction&action=createNewWork&isWebMashup=true&className=PegaComm-FW-CPMCFW-Work-Negotiation-Retention&flowName=pyStartCase&UserIdentifier=Cscsysadmin&Password=UnVsZXNAMTIzNDU%3D&pzSkinName=CSEndUser&CustomerID=C1000022.
For more information on using mashups, see Tutorial: Creating a mashup with Pega Web Mashup and Troubleshooting CORB error Pega Web Mashups with Chrome 80 SameSite cookies.
In this tutorial, you learned how to embed Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor into your desktop application.
As a System Architect, use the standard Pega Platform capabilities to build a service which takes the results from Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor and makes them available to the host system, for example, a customer service application.
Configure the bundle offers and capture further information such as payments. This integration is beyond the scope of this document. For more information, see Personalizing and purchasing offer bundles in a self-service portal.
Previous topic Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor Reference Materials Next topic Invoking the next best action