Retain customers by addressing their needs through Bundle Negotiator actions. When a customer makes a call to a customer service center, the action can be, for example: to retain the customer, to present the customer with a new offer, or to update the customer's address. You can create these actions in Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor and then use them in the enhanced Bundle Negotiator.
To create and configure a single action, such as an offer or a plan, for example, Unlimited 4G LTE Internet, to market to customers, complete the following steps.
- In the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- In the Create Action window, in the Action
Record Configuration section, set initial parameters of your
- In the short description field, provide a concise purpose for your
For example: Internet plan for 4G LTE.
- In the Issue drop-down menu, select the issue
type of your action.
For example: Retention.
- In the Group drop-down menu, select the group
for your action.
For example: Internet.
- In the short description field, provide a concise purpose for your record.
- In the Context section, configure the ruleset of your
- Select the application for your ruleset, for example, Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- From the Add to ruleset drop-down menu, select an open ruleset and version.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Edit Action rule form, on the
Details tab, set additional parameters of your
- In the Key code field, enter the marketing code
that is used to identify the treatment.This value can be output in the sent email and/or the output file/db, and can be used to track the performance of different treatments. If a key code value is specified on the Email Treatment being referenced, upon selecting the treatment, it is populated into this field.
- In the Variant field, enter the variation in a
set of offers, for example, size or color.This property is used in offer bundling for Pega Next-Best-Action Advisor. Variants for the same offer are grouped and can be selected during bundling.
- In the Category field, enter the classification
of the offer.This property is used in the Advisor Negotiation use case.
- In the Description field, enter a short description of what the plan is.
- In the Benefits field, enter a short summary of the benefits of this plan.
- In the Thumbnail image field, to select a picture that illustrates the offer, click the Show Image Viewer icon.
- In the Key code field, enter the marketing code that is used to identify the treatment.
- In the Next-Best-Action configuration section, set
Next-Best-Action-specific parameters of your action:
- In the Starting Evidence field, enter a value that represents the amount of evidence (outcomes) recorded before the modeling data is meaningful, for example, 800.
- In the Starting Propensity field, enter a value that is the default Propensity to be used before the required amount of Evidence is available, for example, 0.85.
- In the Offer ID field, enter the Product Offer ID from the Catalog.
- If your implementation is using a product Catalog, in the Catalog ID field, enter the Catalog number where the offer resides.
- In the Recurring cost field, provide the value to be paid monthly, for example, 175.
- To calculate how much a company is investing in obtaining or retaining
a customer (the Investment Cost value is visible
in the Offer Negotiator), use the following formula:
Internal Cost - (Recurring Cost x Contract Length + One Time Cost), where:
- Internal Cost is the cost of item procured by the company from the vendor (not the retail cost).
- Recurring Cost is how much the customer pays for the service on a recurring basis.
- Contract Length is the amount of time that the customer is bound to the contract.
- One Time Cost is the amount that the customer has to pay upfront for the offer.
- In the One Time Cost field, enter the amount that the customer has to pay upfront for the offer.
- In the Sub category field, provide a type of offer, for example, Add-on, or Plan.
- In the Contract Length field, enter the number for the length of the contract period.
- Optional: In the Availability section, set the context of your
- Select the start date, end date, and time for limited time actions, in the requested format.
- In the Relevant description field, give the limited time a name.
- In the Eligibility description field, describe to whom the action is directed.
- Optional: In the Financials section, provide values that apply to the business requirements of your offer.
- Optional: In the Expected outcomes section, provide values that apply to the business requirements of your offer.
- In the Bundle Attributes section, select Not a bundle parent.
- Optional: In the Custom Attributes section, provide values that apply to the business requirements of your offer.
- Click Save.