Pega Process Extender for Salesforce Lightning
Pega Process Extender for Salesforce Lightning, in Pega Marketplace, is a process extender that you use to harness the power of DX APIs to integrate Pega PlatformTM's dynamic case management capabilities with Salesforce Lightning. The web components integrate seamlessly with Salesforce Desktop and your Salesforce code to display cases natively in the Salesforce UI. The process extender is also available in Salesforce appexchange.
- Application data refreshes dynamically in real time.
- No coding required, just drag and drop supported components into the Salesforce application.
- Supports automatic user authentication and SSO.
- Adapts to Salesforce Lightning's UI automatically.
Pega applications integrated with Salesforce Lightning has the following components or widgets:
- Create case: Creates cases based on pre-configured case types.
- Get next work: Displays the assignment with the highest priority in your work queue.
- Create case from record: Creates a case based on the selected Salesforce record.
- My assignments: Displays a list of all assignments or cases assigned to you or your work queue.
- Mashup container: A container for the Pega mashups in your application.
- Related cases: Shows Pega cases related to a Salesforce record.
For information about configuration, initial set-up, and usage, see the detailed documentation available with the downloadable kit in Pega Marketplace here.
Pega Process Extender for Salesforce Lightning supports JWT authentication. For more information about the JWT bearer token, see the README.md file associated with the Pega Web Components download in Pega Marketplace. The name of the file might differ based on the file version you download.
Set up the following items to integrate Pega's Web Components with Salesforce Lightning:
- Download Pega Process Extender for Salesforce Lightning from Pega Marketplace.
- Extract the file contents.
- Update the Pega server connection info within the Salesforce deployment package.
- Push the package to the Salesforce organization. You can deploy to scratch, development, or production organization. Ensure that you have sufficient access.
- Enable authentication of Salesforce Extender Lightning Web Components within Pega server.
- Update the Pega-generated OAuth Client ID and Client Secret in Salesforce.
- Log into Salesforce and configure the web components.
Next topic Feature map