Exposing the My cases landing page in other applications as a mashup gadget
Enable users of other applications to view and manage cases in a consolidated list that gathers cases that are associated to specific users without logging in to Pega Process Fabric Hub.The My cases landing page consolidates cases from your registered applications. You can use the My cases widget as a mashup gadget in another Pega application, a non-Pega application, or an external web page. For more information, see The My Cases landing page to enhance case management.
For Cosmos React applications, you can use Pega Digital Experience (DX) API to expose the list in other applications. For more information, see Exposing Interwoven Worklist and My cases data in other applications through DX API.
You can expose the My cases landing page in other applications as a mashup gadget by creating a Pega Web Mashup channel in Pega Process Fabric Hub, and then generating mashup code with the Data-Portal.MyCases harness rule, which renders the My cases landing page.
- Create a Pega Web Mashup channel and generate mashup code for
the My cases widget in Pega Process Fabric Hub:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Web mashup.
- On the New Web mashup interface form, in the Basic options section, in the Name field, enter a name for the mashup.
- Optional: To distinguish this channel interface from other mashup channel interfaces, in the Description field, specify the purpose of this channel interface.
- In the URL field, enter the Pega Process Fabric Hub URL by using the following pattern:
Note: Because some users might have access to several applications in their operator record, as a best practice, always use a Pega Process Fabric Hub URL alias with mashups. For more information, see Adding an application URL alias.
- Optional: To generate the mashup snippet with URL encryption, turn on the
Use encryption switch.
Note: When the Use encryption switch is on, dynamic parameters are not supported.
- In the Configuration section, in the Action list, select Display a page.
- In the Class field, select the class name of the
My cases landing page harness rule.
The default harness rule class is Data-Portal.
- In the Harness field, select harness rule
The default harness rule name is MyCases. If you change the My cases harness rule in the system, select your rule name and class. Otherwise, use the default rule name and class name.
- Optional: To use a data transform, in the Data transform
field, select a required data transform.For more information, see Data Transforms - Completing the Create, Save As, or Specialization form and Fields and controls on the Specification form.
- Optional: To block the page from editing, turn on the Read only switch.
- In the Thread name field, enter a name for the thread that handles the mashup, for example, MyCasesGadget.
- Optional: To defer the load of the mashup gadget, turn on the Defer mashup load switch, and then, in the page script, configure the initiation of the mashup loading process based on your preference.
- Optional: To validate a mashup gadget request that has dynamic parameters in the
mashup code, turn on the Allow passing dynamic
parameters switch.Dynamic parameters are any parameters that you enter in the mashup code on the external page. For example, if you have a custom parameter, CustomerID, and you want to pass the value for this parameter, which uses the ID of users who visits the page, you include the parameter on the external page, which makes the parameter dynamic. Static parameters are all the parameters that the system generates with the mashup code.
- Configure the output options for the mashup by performing actions in
step 13 of Creating a mashup.For example, the following figure shows a sample configuration of the output options:
- Optional: To add a custom parameter, in the Custom parameters section, click the Add a row icon, and then enter the parameter name and value.
- In the What is a mashup section, click
Generate mashup code, and then, in the
Mashup code window, select the type of code
that you want to copy:
- To copy the iframe code, above the iframe code window, click Copy.
- To copy the mashup code, above the Mashup code window, click Copy.
Note: Selecting the iframe code improves the response time of a mashup but does not support passing dynamic parameters.
- Close the Mashup code window.
- Click Save.
- Configure Pega Process Fabric Hub to allow incoming messages from the host site by performing steps from 21 through 23 in Creating a mashup.
- Deploy your mashup by inserting the code in another application or web
Choices Actions Pega application
- Create a section. For more information, see Creating sections.
- Convert to the full section editor. For more information, see Converting sections to full section editor.
- On the HTML tab, unselect the Auto-generated HTML checkbox.
- In the HTML Source area, paste the copied mashup code.
- On the section rule form, click Save.
- Embed the section in another section in which you want to view the My cases gadget. For more information, see Creating an embedded section.
Non-Pega application or an external web page Embed the mashup code on the web page or in the front-end files of your application by following standard development procedures.
For more information, see Creating a mashup and Pega web mashups for embedding Pega Platform UI in external web pages.
- If your Pega application is built
on the Theme UI-Kit, you can expose the My cases gadget
as a dashboard widget of the Case Manager portal:
- On the Settings tab of the new section rule, select the Dashboard widget checkbox.
- Configure the Widget title field and Category field.
- Optional: To provide a description for the widget, in the Widget description field, enter a description.
- Optional: To provide an icon for the widget, next to the Widget icon field, click Show Image Viewer, and then select an image from the image catalog.
- In the Case Manger portal, add the widget to the dashboard. For more information, see Adding a widget to your dashboard.
Previous topic Exposing Interwoven Worklist in other applications as a mashup gadget Next topic Exposing Interwoven Worklist and My cases data in other applications through DX API