Pega Product Composer for Healthcare is built on Pega Foundation for Healthcare.
Accessing the sample application
Pega Product Composer for Healthcare includes a sample application that you can use to see how your product works. You install sample data during installation as described in the installation guide on the Pega Product Composer for Healthcare product page.
Creating the implementation application
Run the New Application wizard to create your application.
- To create a new operator ID for running the New Application wizard,
complete the following steps:
- Log in to Dev Studio by using the operator ID [email protected] and the password that you specified for that operator.
- Save a copy of the existing [email protected] operator and give it a name that identifies it as an Application Setup operator.
- Add the HC_USA_Product_Composer:AppSetup access group to the new operator record, and then click the radio
button to the left of the access group to select it as the default access group.When this access group is selected as the default access group for an operator, the New Application wizard opens when the operator logs in.
- Save the new Application Setup operator.
- Log in as the Application Setup operator.
- Follow the New Application wizard instructions until the Name
your application page opens, and then follow the steps below.
For more information about each step of the wizard, see Creating an application.
Note: In the Select Case types section, do not select the Import PCS Entities, Bulk Renew, or Bulk Update because they are wizards and not case types that perform specific actions and do not hold customer data.
Do not select Policy or Policy term case types because they are deprecated.
In the Select data types section, do not select these custom rule data types because they are not data types:
- Benefit grouper
- Benefit Set
- Code Group (Rule)
- Product and Template
- On the Name your application page, enter the name of the application, and then click Advanced configuration.
- In the Organization settings section, enter the
Organization name, Division name, and
Unit name for this application.
The New Application wizard creates the application class structure for you based on the organization settings that you enter. For more information, see Class layers and Class hierarchy and inheritance.
If you have not already defined the organization entities (for example, if you have not already defined the division), type the name of the new entity in the appropriate field. The application saves the new values when you create the new application.
- Click Save.
- Click Create application.The Application Wizard creates the implementation application. The application includes one system administrator operator so that you can log into the application after you complete the wizard.
- To open the new application, click Go to app.
The New Application wizard creates a set of access groups for the application. Create your own operators, and then apply the appropriate access groups.
Ensure that every operator has the Allow rule checkout check box selected on the Security tab of the operator record.