Performing a mass update
Use the Pega Product Composer for Healthcare Mass Updates wizard to make changes across multiple entities at one time instead of performing updates on individual entities.
Pega Product Composer for Healthcare
- You must have the HC_USA_Product_Composer:MassUpdate access role assigned to your access group. By default, the Pega Product Composer for Healthcare administrator is assigned this access role.
- Using the following information, check your configuration before you perform a
mass update so that you avoid an error message during the process.
The mass update feature does not validate the configuration on groupers and their contained benefits for the following cost shares:
- Lifetime maximum
- Out-of-pocket maximum
- Annual maximum
Follow these steps to perform mass updates.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the navigation panel of your work area, click .
- Click the Mass Updates tab.
- Click Run mass updates and select the entity that you
are updating. This selection determines the context for the application to
select source benefits or groupers and the targets that receive the
For example: Product Template
- In the Benefit/Grouper list, select either the benefit
or grouper as the source of data for the update.
For example: Benefit
- In the Add list, select an option to indicate whether
you are adding, updating, or removing information.
For example: Add
- In the New/Used list, select one of the following:
- New. Then select the benefit or grouper from the list. All benefits and groupers are available for selection. During a mass update, the new benefit or grouper is inserted into the product template so that it inherits cost shares, deductibles, or visit limits.
- Used. Select the product template that uses the benefit or grouper, and then select options from the Network, Grouper, or Benefits lists.
- Click Continue.
- If you selected New in step 6, a message indicates that the benefit or grouper inherits the cost shares information. You cannot edit the values.
- If you selected Used in step 6, the data is loaded from the selected product template in this example and is available for editing.
- If you are performing a mass update on a benefit set, this step shows information that the benefit or grouper is being added or removed.
- Click Continue to specify the search criteria for your
target entities and network.
- Complete the fields to specify your entity targets.
- Select the network.
- Click Select targets. In the Select Targets dialog box, select only the check boxes for the target entities that you want to update.
- Click Submit.
- Click Finish.
- On the Mass update page, select .
- Enter text that describes which entities were updated and click Submit.
- On the Mass update the targets page in the
Target tree section, click Run mass
update, and then click Submit. Your mass update has a status of Resolved-Completed.
Previous topic Mass update (deprecated) Next topic Bulk renewal (deprecated)