Renewing multiple entity types at the same time
With the bulk renewal feature in Pega Product Composer for Healthcare, you can copy existing application data into a new calendar year at one time. You can renew all the entities, including benefits, groupers, benefit sets, networks, product templates, and products. The renewal solution is integrated with existing stage and versioning features of the application, thereby providing a seamless user experience.
Pega Product Composer for Healthcare
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the left navigation panel of your workspace, click .
- On the Bulk Renewal Cases page, click Create Bulk Renewal and from the list, select the entity type that you are renewing, for example, benefit.
- On the Bulk Renewal page, click Add entity
For example: Click Add Benefits.
- In the dialog box, complete one or more fields to find your entity type and then click Search.
- In the list of results, click Add next to each entity that you are renewing or click Add all versions and click Submit.
- In the Renewal target section of the Bulk
- Select the stage of the entity that you are renewing.
- In the Effective Date field, select the date when the entity renewal begins.
- In the End Date field, select the date when the renewed entity ends.
- Enter text in the Renew version note field.
- For plans, products, and product templates, click Validate to
check that the embedded entities overlap with the new renewal dates.Each entity that does overlap shows Validated to the right of the entry. Each entity that does not overlap shows an error icon.
- If there is an error, click the icon to display the Validation error
notification dialog box. Do one of the following:
- Close the dialog box and remove the entity from the renewal process by clicking the trash can icon to the right of the entity on the Bulk Renewal page.
- Select To acknowledge select this check box in the dialog box and click Submit. Then click Acknowledge all the errors on the Bulk Renewal page. Error-Validated is displayed next to the entity. When you acknowledge the error, the application routes the entity to one of the renewal error work queues: Dev_BulkRenew_Error, Impl_BulkRenew_Error, or Prod_BulkRenew_Error.
- Click Save. The data is saved if you leave the page and return to complete the bulk renewal at a later time.
- Click Submit to send the case to a manager for approval. After the manager approves and submits the case, the entities are renewed.
Previous topic Enabling the bulk renewal of entities Next topic Implementing custom validation in the Bulk Renewal feature