Configure a new healthcare insurance product by using a product template. Product templates outline the network structure, list of benefits, cost share ranges and defaults, and accumulator design that all support product configuration.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have configured your product template. For additional information, see Configuring a product template for the healthcare insurance plan.
- In the left navigation panel of your work space, click .
- Click .
- In the Create new using product template list, enter and select PT for U+Health PPO from the list.
- In the Name field, enter Product for U+Health PPO.
Notice that the values for Insurance line, Product line, Line of business, and Coverage levels are filled in because the values are inherited from the product template.
- In the optional Market segment field, ensure that Small Group is selected.
- Because this insurance plan that is outlined in this tutorial is not part of the government-regulated marketplace of insurance plans, ignore the optional Exchange level list.
- In the Effective date field, enter 1/1/2019, and in the End date field, enter 12/31/9999.
This end date means that the product template might be in use indefinitely. By entering 9999 for the year in the end date, you do not have to continually update the end date.
- In the Description field, enter Product for the PPO small group plan.
- Ignore the optional SBC properties section.
- Click .
What to do next
Configure your cost shares and accumulators for the product. See Step 2: Configuring cost shares and accumulators for a new product.