Use the Pega Product Composer for Healthcare product template to define multiple products and then plans. Complete the basic information in the product template.
Before you begin
- In the left navigation panel of your work space, click .
- On the Product Templates page, click Create Product Template.
- Click New to create a new product template and in the Name field, enter PT for U+Health PPO.
- In the Effective date field, enter 1/1/2019, and in the End date field, enter 12/31/9999.
This end date means that the product template might be in use indefinitely. By entering 9999 for the year in the end date, you do not have to continually update the end date.
- In the Insurance line list, select Medical.
- In the Product line list, select PPO.
- In the Coverage levels list:
- Click and select Employee Only.
- Click the Add a row icon and select Family.
- In the Market segment field, click the Add Market segment icon to add a row and select Small group from the list.
- Because this insurance plan that is outlined in this tutorial is not part of the government-regulated marketplace of insurance plans, ignore the optional Exchange level list.
- In the Description field, enter Product template for the PPO small group plan.
- Ignore the optional SBC properties section.
- Click Continue.
What to do next
Configure your networks and guardrails. See Step 2: Configuring networks and guardrails for your product template.