A new data source rule is required if you create a new data type and want to use the related fields in the application, such as for interaction driver tasks and suggestions, composite displays, data references within dialog scripts, and portal search data retrieval and display.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click .
- Create a new data source. For more information about creating a new data source, see
Data Set rules - Completing the Create, Save As, or
Specialization form.After creating a data source, complete the fields described in the following steps to save the instance to your ruleset.
- In the Detail tab enter the following details.
- Click the Source list and select one of the following from
- Clipboard Page to specify the associated Page, Class, and related Property fields information required for this data source (see associated fields below).
- Data Page to refresh the rule form and display the Data Page field (Smart Prompt) to specify the desired data page rule for this data source.
- Click the Page field and enter the name of the clipboard page to use for this data source.
- Click the Class field and enter the class of the clipboard page given in the Page field.
- Enter .pxResults in the Property field, if you selected List in the Type field.
- Enter the class of the .pxResults list in the Property class field, if you selected List in the Type field.
- Click the Type list and select an option.
- To indicate that the data source can be used for data references within dialog
scripts, select the Dialog data source check box.This field is evaluated to populate the data source selection field when configuring dialog scripts using the Configuration Tools wizard.
- To indicate that the data source can be used for data references within Chat
phrases, select the Phrase Data Source check box. Properties defined in this data source are available in the Configure Phrases capability in the Manager Tools page (requires the PegaCA:Manager role).
- To indicate that the data source can be used as a security question during customer
verification, select the Enable for verification check box. This field is evaluated to populate the Source field when configuring Customer verification in App Studio. For more information about customer verification, see Omni-channel features.
- Click the Default interaction container field and specify the name of the class to use as the default interaction class when a user selects a result from the portal search results list.
- Click the Interaction Flow field and specify the name of the interaction flow that describes the starting flow to launch a Research interaction.
- Click the Source list and select one of the following from the list.
- In the Properties tab, enter the appropriate value in the
Property field. Properties included on this tab are used to populate the list of available fields that users can insert into dialog scripts using the Configuration Tools wizard. These properties are made available wherever the data source is referenced, such as dialog scripts and chat phrases.
- In the Search tab, enter the following details.
- Select the Use in portal search? check box to indicate that this data source should be searched as part of a portal search.
- Select the integration activity to use to perform the search operation in the Search activity field.