Application data model
The application provides a set of data types, data pages, and sample data, which you can use to begin implementing your application. You will need to use the data from your system of record instead of using the sample data provided by the application.
Data modeling involves creating a conceptual model of how data items relate to each other in an application. In Pega Platform, the data model refers to a set of rules that work together to populate the data in your application. The system displays this data to help you process the information and can help you make decisions in your sales processes. The following rule types constitute your data model:
- Data types
- Data type is another name for a class in your application. It holds data that the application uses. A data type has one or more data pages and several property definitions associated with it.
- Properties define the format and visual presentation of data in your application.
- Data pages
- Data pages define the content of a clipboard page. Data pages also control the loading of that data from a source system, as shown here.
When planning your data model, work with the data modeling resource at your site to understand the attributes of the data types that need to be supported by your application.
For example, if your application contains a data type named Customer, you should meet with the data modeler to understand the following information:
- The attributes of a Customer record. You need to add or remove properties from the corresponding data type in your application to match the system of record for customer information.
- The source of the Customer data at this site and if services already exist to access this data.
Previous topic Defining the data model Next topic Defining integration