Configuring case type locking
For each case type, select whether only one user at a time can edit a case, or whether multiple users can concurrently edit the same case.
Identifying the most appropriate lock setting for your application and case types is important because it can affect the throughput of work in your application. For example, if a case type allows only one user at a time to edit a case, then other users cannot update the case until the first user unlocks the case or the lock settings expire.
Alternatively, if multiple users can work on a case simultaneously, then each user receives a notification when another user updates the case, and those changes are added to the case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- Click the case type that you want to modify.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Access strategy to open and work on a case, select the
- Allow one user - Lock the case when a single user is working in it, and leave it unlocked until that user releases the lock, or the lock times out.
- Allow multiple users - Do not lock the case when users are working in the case.
- In the Time out value field, enter the number of minutes after
which to automatically unlock a locked case.For child cases, this value should be less than the timeout value for the parent case.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Defining class group to database table mapping Next topic Implementing application behavior