Designing for screen performance
Determine screen performance requirements for your applications. The following list describes examples of performance requirements.
- The round-trip time from the server to the client must be 1 second or less.
- The screen-to-screen time must be less than .5/second.
To design for these types of requirements, consider the following items.
- Which business service level agreements exist. For example, the customer details must be available in one second or less while an associate is talking with the customer.
- How long it takes backend systems to gather the data it needs to display customer details.
- Which fields does the associate absolutely need for the task that they need to perform.
- Whether any network configuration could cause latency, for example, associates logged in through the corporate VPN or in a remote location.
Previous topic Determining the application skin and styles to modify Next topic Optional: Determining which part of the user interface to modify