Test a new application in the Build environment before migrating the application to a test or production environment. Testing in the Build environment enables you to verify that basic functionality and interfaces work correctly, and that performance is acceptable.
- Run functional tests, to test specific features from the end-user perspective.
- Test features used by all service intents, such as security, eligibility, search, and loading of data. Automated scripts are recommended for this unit testing, but are not required.
- Verify that the out-of-the-box reports and your custom reports run successfully, and that they show your implementation layer data, rather than the default demonstration data. This can be an automated test.
- Test all integrations, both independently and with associated integrations.
Test integrations for any optional Pega Retail Advisor components and other applications that you plan to use. See the product documentation for the component or application to determine which product components to test.
For Pega Call, check the following pieces of moving infrastructure:
- Provider software
- Connectivity (network)
- CTI engine
- Integration with the CTI engine
In addition, check all delegated rules (for example, coaching tips).
- Test security. Test the most common roles to ensure that the required access groups are configured and point to the correct software version.