Use Pega® Robot Manager to monitor the performance, health, and throughput of your robotic process automation (RPA) virtual machines (VMs).
For more information about this release, see Changes in version 4.1.
For detailed information about Pega Robot Manager 4, see Pega Robot Manager version 4.
You can do the following tasks:
- Manage VMs and work queues, such as specifying the number of automations that can fail on a VM.
- Configure the organizational hierarchy of departments and users.
- Apply roles to users to define the tasks that they can perform.
- Obtain updated automation packages and deploy them to robotic work groups, departments, and users.
For more information about configuring and using RPA with Pega Platform, see the following articles:
- Tutorial: Automating processes in your Pega Platform application with robotic process automation (RPA)
- Configuring robotic process automation
Pega Robot Manager 4.1 is supported on 7.3 and 7.3.1 platform versions of Pega. To download Pega Robot Manager from Pega Exchange, see Pega Robot Manager.
You must also use version 8.0.1067 or later of Pega Robotic Automation Studio and Pega Robotic Automation Runtime.
Pega Robot Manager 4.1 contains the following changes:
In Robot Manager 4, all the robot-related data is stored in one of the Pega Platform tables. As a result, the performance of Robot Manager will start to degrade over time. This issue was fixed in Robot Manager 5. For customers who still use version 4, we are releasing a 4.1 update containing the pzPurgeRobotOperatorHistoryRecords utility, which prunes the excess records of each robot. Before running the utility, you can decide how many records to preserve depending on the amount of archival robot activity data that you want to keep. The pzPurgeRobotOperatorHistoryRecords utility can be triggered manually or by scheduling an advanced agent. After running the utility, the performance of Robot Manager will significantly improve.
Platform upgrade required: No
Runtime/Studio upgrade required: No