You can manually add users to departments in your corporate hierarchy.
New users are assigned basic or single sign-on access to Pega Robot Manager automatically, based on their roles. The association of user roles with an authentication method is configured by the system administrator through dynamic system settings.
For more information, see Specifying the default authentication method for new Pega Robot Manager users.
- In the application header, click Users.
- Click the People tab.
- To add a new user, click . To edit an existing user, click user name, and then click .
- In the New user or Edit user dialog box, in the First Name field, enter the first name of the user.
- Click the Department field and select the department to which the user belongs. This department must be at least the third level in the organizational hierarchy.
- In the Last Name field, enter the last name of the user.
- In the Role field, press the Down Arrow key and select the access group to which the user belongs.
- Specify the Email address of the user.Populate this field when:
- The user role is configured for basic authentication. In basic authentication, Pega Robot Manager uses email address as user identifier.
- You want to enable the user to receive notifications, for example, in case of robot issues. For more information, see Learning about robot issues through notifications.
- If the user role is configured for single sing-on (SSO) authentication,
populate the UPN field.In SSO, Pega Robot Manager uses UPN as user identifier.
- In the Status field, press the Down Arrow key and select the status of the user.
- Click Submit.