Pega Robot Manager allows you to manage your RPA robots; start, stop, terminate and schedule them. You can configure it to suit the needs of your organization. You can also create and view reports on robot health, exceptions and usage data.
- Storing robotic automation packages in Pega Robot Manager
Make your robotic solution fully compatible with your data storage policy by configuring Pega Robot Manager to use a repository for package binary files.
- Robot registration and work group assignment for RPA (unattended) robots
Every unattended robot must successfully register with Pega Robot Manager before it can run automations.
- RPA Service-assisted robots and stand-alone robots
Pega Robot Manager supports both RPA Service-assisted robots and stand-alone robots.
- Stand-alone robot registration
A stand-alone robot registers with Pega Robot Manager by using the administrative credentials. This type of robot cannot be started or scheduled from the Pega Robot Manager interface.
- Configuring how robots are assigned to work groups (initial robot registration only)
A robot can request to join a specific work group. If a specific work group is not specified by the robot, Pega Robot Manager attempts to find a work group that the robot should join from the pyGetWorkGroupByRobotID and pyGetWorkGroupForRobotByRequestorOperatorID decision tables.
- Defining work groups that a robot can move to
To move robots between work groups either manually or by using a schedule, you need to define a list of eligible candidate work groups for each administrative operator (registration operator) that registered the robots. All robots that were registered by the same administrative operator can move to those work groups.
- Enabling scheduling of robots
The ProcessRobotScheduleActions agent checks whether a schedule is set on a robot and runs the defined schedule.
- Enabling monitoring of robot and RPA Service health
The MonitorRobotCommandAndHeartbeat agent checks the status of robots and the RPA Service – whether the RPA Service and robot send a heartbeat signal regularly and if the robot responds appropriately when it receives commands such as start or stop.
- Enabling automatic cleanup of disconnected robots
The ProcessStaleRobots agent finds running robots that have lost connectivity with Pega Robot Manager and stops them. Robots that have lost connectivity (are no longer heartbeating) appear with a red error state (Needs attention).
- Enabling automatic cleanup of stale automation assignments
The RoboticAssignmentProcessing agent finds stale automation assignments that have been in a robot's personal work queue for longer than expected and moves them to the list of automations that have timed out. You can view automations that have timed out in the Time-outs on the Issues page.
- Default dynamic system settings for Pega Robot Manager
While Pega Robot Manager runs, you can change the dynamic system settings data instances that are related to robotic operations in your application to answer your specific business needs.
- Access roles for Pega Robot Manager users
Users with different roles can use Pega Robot Manager.
- Associating access groups and roles
Access groups and access roles determine the permissions of each user in your application. When you add a user in Pega Robot Manager, you associate the role with the access group to apply the role permissions to the user.
- Configuring notification thresholds
Pega Robot Manager can notify users of unexpected behavior or errors through webgadgets and email.
- pyCompleteAutomation flow action
In Pega Robot Manager, the pyCompleteAutomation is marked as an Extension. Its default behavior is to consider the automation status as Complete and move the flow to the next stage of the case life cycle.
- Job schedulers (agents) that clean up history records
Pega Robot Manager adds new job schedulers (agents) to clean up excessive history records.
- Configuring automatic cleanup of robotic automations, events or operator history records
Depending on your business needs, you can configure configure Pega Robot Manager to automatically clean up automations, events, or operator history records.
- Localization considerations
When localizing applications that use Pega Robot Manager, ensure that you adhere to the following guidelines.