To manage the Pega Robot Runtime configuration from a centralized location, the following software is required:
- Pega Robotic Automation version 19.1.64 or later
- Pega RPA Service version 126.96.36.199 or later
- Pega Synchronization Engine version 188.8.131.52 or later
- Introduction to Runtime configuration files
The RuntimeConfig.xml file contains the configuration settings primarily used by Pega Robot Runtime. Pega Robot Runtime is installed as a stand-alone application and also with a Pega Robot Studio installation.
- Runtime configuration effective association for automations
You can have multiple Runtime configuration files used within one application scope; the system decides which one to apply using the following criteria (in order of precedence; if a condition is true, all subsequent criteria are ignored).
- Creating Runtime configuration files
You can create a Runtime configuration file by saving an existing file (such as the master file) with a new name.
- Uploading Runtime configuration files
You can upload Runtime configuration files for easy reuse of the same settings in different contexts.
- Editing Runtime configuration files
You can edit Runtime configuration files in the xml-aware editor available in Pega Robot Manager. Pega Robot Manager also provides version control mechanisms and a smart lock feature.
- Restoring previous Runtime configuration file versions
Pega Robot Manager stores the history of your Runtime configuration files, enabling you to restore past versions.
- Editing application-default settings for Runtime configuration files
When you create a new application built on Pega Robot Manager, the Master runtime config settings v8.5.1 file is always set as the default Runtime configuration file. You can change this setting and use any other file available in the application context, including Runtime configuration files that are inherited from other built-on applications.
- Adding and removing entity assignments for Runtime configuration files
You can assign specific Runtime configuration files to an organizational entity (from departments and work groups to individual users or robots). These entity assignments take precedence over any application-default settings.
- Editing entity assignments for Runtime configuration files
Perform the following actions to edit entity assignments.
- Enabling the collection of Pega Robot Runtime data for reporting
Collect the health and usage statistics for Pega Robot Runtime to create meaningful reports that help you understand the performance of your robotic workforce.