RPA Service-assisted robots registration
The RPA Service and its associated robot register in Pega Robot Manager by using the registration operator credentials.
When an RPA Service-assisted robot is started, it registers into a work group according to the following criteria (in order of precedence):
- If the robot was previously assigned to any work group, its last work group
association is retained.
When a robot is stopped and started again, it starts working in the work group that it belonged to when it stopped. If a robot is stopped, moved to a new work group, and then started again, it starts in the work group that it was moved to.
- For robots not associated with any work group, the
system setting is checked.
- If WorkgroupSpecifiedInPayloadTakesPrecedence is set to true, the robots work group is determined by the Pega Robot Runtime (either Common Config setting or a command line parameter).
- If WorkgroupSpecifiedInPayloadTakesPrecedence
is set to false, decision tables on
Pega Robot Manager side are used to identify
the base work group for the robot in this order:
- If pyGetWorkGroupByRobotID is invalid, pyGetWorkGroupForRobotByRequestorOperatorID is used
- If pyGetWorkGroupForRobotByRequestorOperatorID is invalid, the work group that is specified in the registration request of the robot is used (this is equivalent to WorkgroupSpecifiedInPayloadTakesPrecedence set to true)
For best results, set WorkgroupSpecifiedInPayloadTakesPrecedence to false and allow Pega Robot Manager to determine initial work group associations.
Previous topic RPA Service-assisted robots and stand-alone robots Next topic Stand-alone robot registration