Updating robot settings
Use the XML-aware editor in Robot Manager to quickly and conveniently adjust Runtime configuration files to your business needs.
The XML editor provides a user-friendly and transparent environment in which you can easily search for settings of interest, adjust their values, and then validate the syntax.
When you begin editing, the file is locked, which prevents other users from modifying the file. If you have a lock on the file, no other users can modify the file until the lock expires.
- In the navigation pane of Pega Robot Manager, click .
- Click the Runtime configuration file that you want to edit.
- In the top-right corner of the Settings tab, click Edit.
- Optional: To get an enhanced view of the Runtime settings, in the top-right corner of the XML editor, click the Maximize editor icon.
- Modify Runtime settings, as needed.
For example: Select the Robot Manager repository as your automation package storage by changing the value of the
UseRobotManagerPackageRepositorysetting to true:
Tip: To quickly find the settings that you want to edit, open the search bar by placing the mouse cursor inside the XML editor and pressing
CTRL + F.
- After you finish updating Runtime settings, click
Validate to check for syntax correctness.If the XML syntax is valid, Robot Manager displays the No errors found message at the top of the XML editor. If an error message is displayed, the message explains the type of problem and points to the line where the problem exists, for example:
- If the XML syntax is invalid, perform the following actions:
- Address all errors.
- Repeat step 6 to ensure that Robot Manager displays the No errors found message.
- Confirm your edits by clicking Save.
- In the Save changes window, enter a meaningful description of your edits, and then click Submit.
Previous topic Creating configuration files in Pega Robot Manager Next topic Assigning configuration files