- Log in to Pega Platform as the RMSysAdmin user or any user whose current application stack has Robot Manager as a built-on.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the New Application screen, select the Robot Manager template.
- Confirm your selection by clicking Use this application type.
- In the Robot Manager settings screen,
enable or disable the following application settings:
- Enabled by default. Robot Manager automatically
responds to shifts in workloads across your
solution through continuous monitoring of work
groups and work queues to determine the work that
needs priority based on service-level agreement
(SLA) of open assignments. As a result, the
Auto-balancing engine dynamically dispatches
robots across work groups to ensure that all open
assignments are processed within the SLA,
reallocating robots as workloads change.
For more information, see Auto-balancing robot workload across work groups.
- Auto-archiving of reporting data
- Enabled by default. Auto-archiving of Robot Manager operational
metrics prevents your system from accumulating old
or obsolete data. If you enable this option, the
collected data is periodically cleaned up, based
on your configuration.
For more information, see Auto-archiving robot operational data.
- Auto-purging of reporting data
- Enabled by default. Auto-purging of Pega Robot Runtime data permanently removes old or obsolete data at specific intervals.
For more information, see Auto-purging robot operational data.
- Configure robotic work groups:
See the following figure for reference:
- Click Add work group.
- Enter the work group name and at least one
assignment type.Assignment types represent work queues that contains robotic work assignments, waiting for an available robot to process them.
- Optional: To disable automatic workload balancing for
this work group, clear the
box.Automatic workload balancing increases efficiency and minimizes robot idle time by moving robots between work groups to complete pending assignments on time. For more information, see Auto-balancing robot workload across work groups.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To add more robotic work groups, repeat steps 6.a through 6.d.
- Optional: If you created multiple work groups, you can change the default
work group to which robots register by performing the
For more information about robot registration, see Robot registration and work group assignment for RPA (unattended) robots.
- In the work group tile, click the Edit icon.
- Select the Default work group check box.
- Confirm your settings by clicking Submit.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the name of your new application and click Create application.
- Optional: To add users to your application, perform the following
- Place the mouse cursor in the Select a user or add user by email address... box.
- Select an available user from the list or enter a valid user email.
- Select a user role.
- If you entered a user email, click Send invitation.
- Click Go to app.