- In the navigation pane of Pega Robot Manager, click .
- On the Work groups tab, click Add new.
- Enter the work group name.
- Enter the name of at least one assignment type that this work group will be
processing, as based on the robot activities included in the automation package
that is assigned to the work group.Assignment types in Pega Robot Manager correspond to work queues in Pega Platform.
- Optional: Depending on your current application settings, you can enable or disable
Auto-balancing in this work group as follows:
- If Auto-balancing is disabled, you can enable it by activating the Auto-balancing switch.
- If Auto-balancing is enabled, you can disable it by deactivating the Auto-balancing switch.
Automatic workload balancing increases minimizes the idle time of individual robots by moving robots between work groups to complete pending assignments on time. As a result, the workload is completed as efficiently as possible. For more information, see Auto-balancing robot workload across work groups.
By disabling automatic workload balancing, you ensure that the number of assigned robots across work groups is always the same, but at the cost of efficiency. This means that Pega Robot Manager: cannot automatically add robots to a work group to respond to a spike in open assignments; and cannot reassign idle robots to work in other work groups.
- Click Create.