Automatic Step Creation tracks your progress through an application process and creates automation steps based on default or determined values. All you have to do is begin recording and perform the process in your application.
- In Robot Studio, create or open the automation to contain recorded steps.
Tip: Make sure the application is added and X-rayVision is enabled, as in the following screenshot. (Enabling X-ray Vision controls whether Automatic Step Creation or Targeted Step Creation is enabled.)
- Click the Record button.
- Perform the steps for the process in your automation.
Result: As you move through the process, the Recording Assistant creates steps in your automation, using the logical controls, objects, and values that X-rayVision reads from your application. Note: In Automatic Step Creation, make sure you actually click buttons. The Recording assistant cannot capture pressing Enter on highlighted buttons.
- Optional: To pause the Recording, click Stop.
Result: You can then test recorded steps, or use the options of the Actions menu.
- Optional: While Automatic Step Creation assigns the most common values to a control, you can click the More icon and edit the values.
- When you're finished recording steps, click the Finish Recording button.