Configuring Robot Runtime and Robot Studio
To configure Robot Runtime and Robot Studio to work with the Security Token Service, provide configuration information in the CommonConfig.xml file. This includes specifying the URL that the system uses for authentication.
- During the installation of Robot Runtime and Robot Studio, you can enter the
authentication URL two ways:
- Using the Setup wizard.
- By including a command line argument during a command line install. For more information, see Modifying the CommonConfig.xml file.
- After you enter the required configuration information, including the authentication URL, test the connection. For more information, see Adding the certificate for a trusted connection.
- Modifying the CommonConfig.xml file
For existing installations, edit the CommonConfig.xml file to change the Security Token Service values. Perform the following steps:
- Adding the certificate for a trusted connection
Ensure secure communications between the server and the Robot Runtime or Robot Studio computer by setting up a trusted connection with the SSL root certificate on the IIS server.
Previous topic Testing the service Next topic Modifying the CommonConfig.xml file