Installing the Security Token Service
When you run the Security Token Service Setup wizard (PegaSTSServiceSetup.exe), several needed Windows features and software packages are automatically installed as dependencies.
|.NET Framework 3.5 SP1||Enable this feature for Windows Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, and Server 2019.|
|.NET Framework 4.0||.NET Framework 4.5 is a feature for Windows Server 2012, Server 2016, and Server 2019, and takes place of the .NET 4.0 requirement on a Server 2012 computer. Enable this feature before you start the Setup wizard.|
Identity Foundation Runtime
|Enable this feature for Windows Server 2012, Server 2016, and Server 2019, before you start the Setup wizard. It appears as Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 on the features list.|
|Windows Identity Foundation SDK|
|Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows® Server is a flexible, secure, and manageable web server for hosting files on the web.|
|Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) generalizes the Internet Information Services (IIS) process model, removing the dependency on HTTP.|
|WCF-HTTP-Activation||This is the part of .NET Framework that enables the MSMQ HTTP Support feature on the web server.|
- After you have downloaded the Security Token Service, follow these steps to start the Setup wizard and install the Security Token Service.
- In the folder where you downloaded the Security Token Service, select the
following program in Windows Explorer:PegaSTSServiceSetup.exe
- Right-click, choose Run as Administrator, and then click
Note: The Setup wizard checks for prerequisites before it starts the installation. If anything is missing, it starts the Prerequisites wizard and leads you through the steps necessary to install the missing items.
- In the Select Installation Folder window, accept the default install folder or click Browse to select a different folder. Then click Next.
- In the Ready to Install window, click Next to start the installation. A status bar shows you the progress of the installation.
- Click Next after the Security Token Service is installed.
- Click Finish to complete the installation and close the Setup wizard.
- When prompted to reboot your system, do so.
Result: The installer creates the Security Token Service under the default website and enables Windows authentication. The next step is to configure the Security Token Service for your site. Previous topic Using a Windows environment to export the key Next topic Setting up the Security Token Service