Modifying the CommonConfig.xml file
For existing installations, edit the CommonConfig.xml file to change the Security Token Service values. Perform the following steps:
- Open the CommonConfig.xml file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- On the Server name=”IdP” line, replace the value for the baseURL key with the
applicable value for your organization. The following is an example:
<Server name="IdP" enabled=”true” baseURL="https://sts-hostname/OSTS/SecurityTokenService.svc/IWSTrustFeb2005" />
- Enter a URL for the baseURL key in this format:
- Replace sts-hostname with the host name of your server.
The following is an example:
<Servers> ... <Server name="IdP" enabled=”true” baseURL="https://sts-hostname/OSTS/SecurityTokenService.svc/IWSTrustFeb2005" /> </Servers>
- Optional: Use the proxyAddress key to define a proxy server that
can be used to communicate with the server. To disable system-default proxy
settings, enter None for the proxyAddress
key. For more information, see Common configuration
Note: In build 8.0.1058, the AD FS server key in the
CommonConfig.xmlfile was changed to IdP server. The IdP server key is used for Robot Manager. If a legacy system still has the AD FS setting instead of the IdP setting, the system uses the AD FS setting.
Previous topic Configuring Robot Runtime and Robot Studio Next topic Adding the certificate for a trusted connection