The UI Connector framework in Pega Robot Studio version 8.0.1053 and later support .NET and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications.
The UI Connector framework supports Java applications. Java has the following limitations:
- Only Abstract Windows Toolkit (AWT) Standard events are supported, such as Action and Focus.
- You cannot test Java Swing events in Native Control Explorer.
- Font and Color are not supported as native types in Java.
- Version 19.1.73 adds support for JavaFX.
The UI Connector framework supports ActiveX controls. Active X has the following limitations:
- The CreateInstance method, which is supported in both .NET and Java, is not supported for ActiveX.
- ctive X controls that Pega Robot Studio has translators for take priority.You
cannot use the UI Connector instead of these Robot Studio translators.
- If an ActiveX control interrogates as a specific object type, then you cannot use the UI Connector.
- If an ActiveX control interrogates as a generic object type, then you can use the UI Connector.