Targeted Step Creation
In Targeted Step Creation, you define values for each control or field in your automation, using the Step Editor.
- Launch the automation you want to record.
- Select the Record button (shown below).If there is an associated application, it launches. The Recording Assistant displays.
- Perform the tasks you want to record, in the correct order.
Robot Studio creates objects in the Design Area for each recorded task. When a form or dialog is launched and highlighted, the Step Editor displays, where you can enter appropriate values.
Note: If the Step Editor does not display, you can click on the blue Gear icon to open the properties box.The Actions and Values are based on the type of control. The most commonly used properties are listed in the dropdown menus. It is possible to modify the configuration file to enable additional Actions and Values.
- Click the Stop button to pause the
Result: While the recording is paused, you can perform tasks on the Actions menu or Test the automation.
- Optional: To resume recording after pausing, click the Record button.
- When you are done with recording steps, hit the Finish
Result: The recorded steps are added to your automation. Previous topic Automatic Step Creation Next topic Using the Actions menu in a paused recording