Using the Interrogation Form
Interrogation in Pega Robot Studio is the process you use to identify objects in a targeted application and create match rules for application controls. The Interrogation Form provides a streamlined process for interrogation.
The most commonly used functions in interrogation are available directly on the Interrogation Form. You can rename controls, highlight controls, delete controls, modify properties, and test modifying target properties and methods directly from the Interrogation Form. The Interrogation Form also contains a complete list of interrogated objects and their current matching status.
You only need to return to Robot Studio to use the more advanced features, such as editing match rules or working with the Windows, Web, or Virtual controls tab.
A new delayed interrogation feature is also available. You can start a timer and then navigate to a control in the application. When the timer expires, the currently selected control is interrogated. This greatly enhances your ability to interrogate controls that hide automatically when they lose focus.
The following functions are now available on the Interrogation Form:
- View the list of interrogated objects on the adapter
- Use delayed interrogation
- Switch the currently selected control
- Rename the current control
- Delete the current control
- Highlight the current control
- Refresh the matching on the current control
- View and modify standard properties on the current control
- View and modify a select list of Target properties on the current control
- View match rules for the current control and the matching status of those rules
- Test a select list of methods of the current control
- Add context menu items to the current control, if available
- Add menu items to the current control, if available
- Add Control Regions to the current control, if available
These functions are also available from Robot Studio.
- Working with a control during interrogation
After you interrogate a control, the new control becomes the current control and is selected in the Control name box on the Interrogation Form. The cursor moves to the Control name box field, so that you can rename the control before interrogating the next control. You can also modify any of the standard properties associated with the control.
- Using the More menu options
Additional functionality is available under the More menu, next to the Control Name field. Use the More menu options to work with interrogated controls, by highlighting or deleting a control, refreshing matching, or adding context menu items.
- Delayed interrogation feature
Previous topic Using Windows forms in automations Next topic Working with a control during interrogation