You can use attended robotic automations, formerly known as robotic desktop automations (RDA), to integrate and automate processes on the desktop. With attended automations, the user interacts with the automation.
The following are some of the tasks that you can automate with an attended automation:
- Synchronize all your desktop applications with a customer's account information.
- Automatically launch or close applications on the desktop.
- Send updated customer account information from your Pega Platform application to one or more web or desktop applications.
- Streamline users' workspaces. By automating communication among various desktop applications, users do not need to switch among many applications to update information.
Automations that run on the desktop are run from a flow action on a connector, modal, or overlay in your application. You can run an automation during preprocessing to get information from desktop applications to display it in a form in the application.
In an example Call Center application, when a customer service representative (CSR) accepts a call from a customer, an automation runs on the CSR's desktop. It retrieves the customer account information from a legacy application that is running on the CSR's desktop and returns and displays the account number and related information in a window in the Call Center application.
You can also run a postprocessing automation when you want to send information that users enter in your Pega Platform application to the automation, which then sends the information to applications that are running on the user's desktop.
For example, a customer can dispute a transaction. The dispute information can be automatically sent to the legacy application, which acts as the system of record for disputes and in which back-end workers work to investigate and resolve billing disputes.
Any fields that you want to share between your Pega Platform application and desktop applications must be marked as relevant records.
- Configuration of attended automations to use with Pega Platform
You can use Pega Robotic Automation to add automation capabilities to your Pega Platform application.
- Integrating robotic automations with Pega Platform
Automate and integrate processes on the desktop to reduce errors and to give your staff more time to focus on higher-value, customer-oriented tasks.