Automatic Step Creation
Automatic Step Creation tracks your progress through an application process and creates automation steps based on default or provided values. All you have to do is begin recording and perform the process in your application.
- In Robot Studio, create or open the automation to contain recorded steps.
- In the Application Designer, make sure the
EnableX-rayVision option is set to
True.The EnableX-rayVision option determines if the recording process uses Automatic or Targeted Step Creation. Automatic Step Creation uses X-ray Vision. Targeted Step Creation uses legacy matching. By default, this option is set to True, as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Record button.
- Perform the steps for the process in your automation.
Result: As you move through the process, the Recording Assistant creates steps in your automation, using the logical controls, objects, and values that X-rayVision reads from your application. Note: In Automatic Step Creation, make sure you actually click buttons. The Recording assistant cannot capture pressing Enter on highlighted buttons.
- Optional: To pause the Recording, click Stop.
Result: You can then test recorded steps, or use the options of the Actions menu.
- Optional: While Automatic Step Creation assigns logical values to a control, you can click the More icon and edit the values.
- When you're finished recording steps, click the Finish Recording
Result: The recorded steps are captured as a design flow on the Automation Surface, as shown in the following figure:
You can modify or add to the recorded automation directly on the Automation Surface. For more information, see Building automations on the Automation Surface. You can also record additional processes as needed.
Previous topic Intelligent Recording Next topic Targeted Step Creation