You can use Pega Robotic Automation to add automation capabilities to your Pega Platform application.
Use Pega Robot Studio to create attended automations that automate routine tasks on the user’s desktop. Use Pega Robot Runtime to run the automations that you create with Robot Studio.
Examples of common attended automations include:
- Synchronizing all your desktop applications with a customer’s account information.
- Automatically launching or closing applications, including authentication.
- Distributing updated account data from your automation into one or more web or desktop applications.
The minimum requirements for building a robotic automation are:
- Pega Robot Manager 8.7 or later
- Pega Robot Studio 22.1
- Attended automation architecture and design
Desktop automations are designed and built in Pega Robot Studio. The automations then run in Robot Runtime on the local desktop.
- Automating activities in Robot Studio
Pega Robot Studio has a RobotActivity component that is used to trigger automations from Pega applications in attended robotics use cases or from Pega Robot Manager in unattended robotics use cases.