Your first step in creating a solution in Pega Robot Studio is to create a project. Projects are the containers for the elements of your solutions.
Create new gives more control and flexibility to experienced users when creating a project.
- To access the Start screen, open Pega Robot Studio.
- From the Start screen of Robot Studio,
click Create new to create a new project.
Result: The Create new dialog opens, as shown in the following figure.
- In the Create new project dialog box, enter the
Project name and Location, and
then click Create.
Result: The Project Explorer displays, with a Globals container and an empty Automation for the project. Any object in the Globals container is available in all automations in the project.
- In the Project Explorer, click Add.
- Click one of the menu options to add it to the project.In a project, you can add the following elements:
- Applications (Windows, Web, or Text)
- Advanced functions (Citrix context, environment overrides, and deployable files folder)
- Project items from existing projects
- In the dialog box that displays, define values for the project item.Fields vary depending on the type of project item. Usually, you name the project item and provide a path.